- The general assembly is comprised of all the members of the Energy
- The general assembly is the supreme body of the ESC. Its powers include
- establishing, changing, and rescinding the rules of procedure, subject to
approval by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology’s (ETH) executive board;
- approving the annual scientific and financial report;
- passing resolutions on far-reaching matters;
- approving the Center’s strategic planning and budget;
- electing members to the managing board;
- deciding on the admittance of new members;
- instituting working groups on special questions and tasks;
- deciding on the continuation and dissolution of the ESC.
- The general assembly meets at least once annually. The meeting is called by
the managing board. Exceptional meetings can be scheduled if requested by
at least forty percent of the members.
- The general assembly has always the quorum. Its decisions are by simple majority of votes cast. Decisions may also be taken by circulating letters if at least three quarters of the membership participates.
- The chairperson of the managing board runs the meetings of the general assembly. The chairperson casts the deciding vote in the case of ties.
- If the ESC is to be continued beyond its initial four year run, the ESC must submit an application for continued approval as a Center of Excellence to the executive board of the Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich at least six months before the current approval terminates.
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne
graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der
Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese
Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf
Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere
Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or
Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly
only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of
our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.