The ESC research activities focus on large, cross-cutting themes run as inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary projects in the four strategic areas of:
- energy and information
- integration of renewables
- integrated modeling
- energy-water-land nexus
The ESC identifies relevant topics in the area of energy research. This includes also participation in National Research Programs (NRP) and European Research projects (Horizon 2020).
Our research activities consist of:
- taking a pro-active role in the energy research activities of ETH Zurich and supporting its strategic goals in all areas of action (efficiency, grids, storage, provision, economy, geothermal and more);
- supporting the professors and institutes active in these fields by leveraging its network inside ETH Zurich with other universities and industry;
- gathering opinions and open questions within the energy sector internally and externally, synthesising and disseminating them amongst researchers of ETH Zurich;
- hosting researchers for specific projects in order to facilitate inter-departmental research projects;
- promoting flagship programme in the area of energy research.
Also, the Weekly Spotlight on Energy Research highlights current research projects of ESC members.